Amusing, True Near Death Experience.

Those who know me will know that there have been two important events occurring in my life this week. 1) Tiling my kitchen, and 2) Trying to buy a HP TouchPad.

As part of tiling the kitchen, significant other wanted to replace all the standard white wall sockets with Stainless Steel ones to match the rest of the kitchen colour scheme. I was safely over half way through this task, having disconnected the socket mains supply, when a van pulled up bearing HP TouchPad goodness. Thus the next 30 minutes of my life was accounted for.

Upon returning to the kitchen tasks I came to the Cooker 40A switch. I disconnected the ring main from the switch and proceeded to move the wires so that I kept the supply and load pairs apart when BUZZZZZZ and 240 Volts of high energy goodness shot through my hand and up my arm.

Yes folks, TouchPad caused me to forget to flip the cooker ring circuit in the fuse box.

Cue me jumping back, dropping tools and collapsing to the floor in a bout of Arrrrgh.

Wife said “Stop it, you’ll scare the kids.”.

Kids run in asking what happened and wife explains that Daddy electrocuted himself.

Six year old Lauren asked “Could you see his bones?”.